S-WELD BRIGHT WASH
Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Readily miscible with water.
- Leaves no residue.
- Promotes surface passivation.
- Aids surface passivation – improves surface life.
- Wide dilution rate – gives a variety of uses.
S-Weld Brite Wash is an acidic, biodegradable detergent designed for surface cleaning for stainless steel & carbon steel after fabrication. It is also suitable for in-situ cleaning of architectural stainless steel surfaces. S-Weld Brite Wash removes surface dust, soil, rust, water stains, iron and organic contamination without affecting the surface finish of the stainless steel. It can also be used to remove surface corrosion and staining on handrails and other stainless steel surfaces. It is excellent for cleaning of machined carbon steel parts.
Hand Wipe Application: Mix 1 part of S-Weld Brite Wash with 1 part of clean water. Wet surface with a sponge or rag and follow immediately by scrubbing with a stainless steel Scotch Brite type pad. Rinse with clean water once all traces of corrosion are removed.
Spray Application: Mix one part of S-Weld Brite Wash with 1 to 2 parts of clean water. Spray onto surface with an acid resistant spray pump. Where appropriate, scrub the surface with a Scotch Brite pad. For hard to use areas, use a high-pressure spray containing a 10% solution of S-Weld Brite Wash. Rinse thoroughly with clean water when all visible traces of corrosion have been removed.
1. General Surface Cleaning After Fabrication: Mix 1 part of S-Weld Brite Wash with 5 to 8 parts of water at room temperature. Spray onto surface by acid resistant spray pump. Some brushing of the surface will assist with removal of corrosion and difficult soils. The surface should be kept wet with the solution until the soil is gone. Rinse the surface; warm water is preferred.
2. Corrosion Removal: Where the surface of handrails, stainless steel cladding or process plant and carbon steel equipment shows visible signs of corrosion (rusting).
Specific Gravity: 1.35
Appearance: Colour Water White